Spend a beautiful weekend in April uncovering the truth that you are seen, known, and extravagantly loved. Join us for a getaway with God and experience the Life of More at The Deepening Weekend 2021.
Tucked away in the quiet beauty of Young Life's Carolina Point in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina just southwest of scenic Asheville, we’ll spend time discovering the hearts that were given to us as women, experiencing the heart of God for us, recovering more of our true selves, and the beautiful invitation to more life, more love, more freedom. You are beloved!
Our deep desire is to be loved unconditionally, to be seen, to be known for who we really are, to be valued, esteemed, desired, pursued, fought for, to be precious to someone, to be their beloved, the object of their affection. Our hearts are DESIGNED for this by God. -Robin Thompson
Join Robin Thompson, Sherry Jennings, and the Zoweh Women's Guide Team for a weekend journey where God meets us where we are, where rest and freedom are found and experienced, where chains are broken and fall away, and where beauty is found a little deeper.
If you haven't already read one of the following books, please be sure to read at least one, or reread your favorite, before your arrival at the conference:
- The Allure of Hope by Jan Meyers
- Becoming Myself by Stasi Eldredge
- BraveHearts by Sharon Hersh
- Captivating by Stasi & John Eldredge
And perhaps consider listening to these resources, featuring several women from the guide team:
Invite your friends by downloading the following:
Are you planning to bring women with you?
Email Sherry Jennings to set up a group name for your friends to register with to help us keep you together.
Need financial assistance? First, we encourage you to journey with God, ask Him who may want to partner with you for this mission and getaway for your heart. Then email Sherry Jennings to learn more about financial assistance from Zoweh's Aid Station. See Zoweh's Terms & Conditions regarding refunds.
Are you alumni? Step into more as part of the conference team! Apply for the team here. A discount code is available to team members; refunds will NOT be made to team members who register at full price.
What about COVID-19? How we'll move through the weekend with Covid precautions in mind:
- Buffs will be provided, as face covering will be required in the meeting room and in the dining hall when not seated at a table.
- You will move through the weekend in groups of 6-8 women- bunking together, dining together at the same table, sitting in the same seats together in the meeting room for sessions.
- You will need to bring your own bedding, pillow, towels, etc.; no linens will be provided.
- If you are experiencing symptoms, have tested positive for covid, or been with someone recently who has, please stay home to rest and heal.
Everything you NEED is included in the $345 registration fee:
- meals Thursday dinner- Sunday breakfast
- 'round the clock coffee
- most freetime activities (fishing, archery tag, hiking, disc golf, ziplining, 3 person swing, go karts), and lodging.
Optional things to consider that would be an additional cost:
- books/apparel from the resource center
- items from the snack bar (ice cream, candy bars, chips, popcorn, soda, etc.)
- items from the camp store (mugs, shirts, blankets)
And of course, the costs inherent to travel to and from the event are NOT included. Please plan to arrive at Carolina Point to check in Thursday between 3-5PM, and to depart Carolina Point around 12PM.
If traveling by plane and you'd like to connect with other women to potentially share rental cars, etc., please email Sherry (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Greenville Spartanburg International Airport CLT (1 hour 20 minutes drive to Carolina Point)
- Asheville Regional Airport AVL (1 hour drive to Carolina Point)
Zoweh is partnering with YoungLife Carolina Point in its extensive efforts to be mindful of COVID-19 awareness. We strongly encourage you to read the full plan here. Questions? Email Sherry Jennings at email@example.com