But you are God’s chosen treasure—priests who are kings, a spiritual “nation” set apart as God’s devoted ones. He called you out of darkness to experience his marvelous light, and now he claims you as his very own.
1 Peter 1:9
It is my hope to remedy the nagging sense so many of us are tormented with, the sense that we are not enough. That mindset is so normal for so many. We have forgotten how to struggle with it, how to fight against it or even recognize that it is there. The enemy of our hearts delivers this message, this lie, so constantly and so well that countless people live their lives compromised.
Today I want to invite you to ask God some questions in your quiet place. Pray “let there be light,” and invite Him to come, speak, and reveal:
- In what ways, and in what circumstances, have you experienced this nagging sense?
- Where or to whom have you gone to have it fixed?
- How have you been compromised?
- Do you agree that very few are free? Why or why not? What does it look like to be free or not free?
- How and when has God shown you - invited you to see, hear, and experience - that you are enough?
God believes that you are more than enough. Ask him now to give you eyes to see and ears to hear Him in all the ways he wants to tell you how He sees you and ask Him to give you your heart’s deepest desire - himself.
God, how do you see me? Who am I to you? Am I enough to you? Give me words and pictures of what this looks like.
An excerpt from The Heart of a Warrior Journal Workbook. Learn more here.